The Variable Speed Limit Trailer can be utilized in both a fixed mounted application or portable application providing the best solution for your highway safety needs. An L.E.D. display allows optimum viewing for varying highway speeds. Through the use of wireless communication, the speed limit sign can be controlled from a remote location allowing immediate changing of the posted speed limit to help control traffic due to an incident or inclement weather. The end result is a much safer work zone environment for both the traveling public and the work zone personnel.
• Provides remote programming of posted speeds
• Allows speed adjustment based on conditions, traffic and weather
• Available in amber or white L.E.D.
• Available as portable unit or permanent mount
• Removable tongue
• Industrial-grade trailer to give years of dependable service
• L.E.D. display for maximum viewing for varying speeds
• Top solar panel mounting for maximum exposure to sun
• Battery bank sized for 30-day autonomy
• Flashing beacons available for speed limit change noti cation
• Foldable sign allows for more efficient shipping and storage
Remote Programming of Posted Speeds
With the use of wireless communication through a modem,
the speed limit sign can be controlled from a remote location
allowing immediate changing of the posted speed limit to help
control traf c due to an incident or inclement weather. The
end result is a much safer work zone environment for both the
traveling public and the work zone personnel.
Industrial Grade Structural Steel Trailer
The VSL 1000 uses a durable trailer system designed to provide
years of dependable service. The trailer’s high-quality powder
coat nish, 2″ x 3″ 11 gauge steel frame and a 3500 pound
suspension system enhance the overall quality and durability of
Modular Electronic Componentry
The entire system was developed with the operator in mind.
Electronic components are easily replaced, reducing downtime
and maintenance costs and improves system diagnostics.
Portable or Permanent Mount
The variable speed limit trailer can be utilized in either a xed
mounted application or portable application providing the best
solution for your highway safety needs.
• Raised Height – 15′ 2″
• Travel Height – 7′ 6″
• Width – 68″ (1.73m)
• Length w/ tongue – 13′
• Tongue Weight – 85 lbs (38.6kg)
• Trailer Weight – 1341 lbs (608.26kg)
• Energy Source – (Six) 6-volt deep cycle batteries
• Solar Panel Array – 140 Watts
• Lift Mechanism – Manual winch – 1800 lb capacity
• Main Frame – 2″ x 3″, 11 gauge high-grade steel